Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Wait! There's Even More!

Introducing a Podcast:  Two Left Eyes:  Two Liberal Democrats view the election.


The blog is not enough.  It is not enough that I brighten and inform your day with updated observations about this incredible election cycle.   Readers have something to read: a daily vitamin pill of whatever insight I can draw by attempting to be clear eyed and objective looking at political messaging, branding, and craftsmanship.

But what about people who want to in the car or on an exercise bike or wherever?
And what about the type-A multi-taskers, people who need to be doing several things at once?  What about them?  Can't they get something to listen to?

Yes.

I started a podcast, titled Two Left Eyes.  
Logo for the new podcast

Frequent Guest Post author Thad Guyer is an employment law litigator who has a specialty in assisting whistleblowing employees.  Thad served a 13 month tour in Vietnam as a 20 year old sergeant in a platoon that did repeated search and destroy missions into the Vietnam jungle.  His time there had a deep impact on him.  He has returned to Vietnam and lives in Saigon where, thanks to the power of technology--the internet, email, Skype, and jet travel--he both carries out an active law practice and observes this election from a 7,000 mile distance.

I have tried to get insights about the election by being up close, attending events live, and looking at primary sources.   Readers have a pretty good sense of who I am.   I did not go to Vietnam thanks to my student deferment.  I've been involved in progressive politics for my entire life.  I was a Jackson County Commissioner as a young adult, then I was a Financial Advisor for 30 years.  In retirement I am a political observer and supporter of some good causes and people.

Thad and I are both Democrats and both of us plan to vote for Hillary over Donald Trump.   But both of us feel required to be cold-eyed and objective, which has allowed us better understanding of Hillary's vulnerabilities and Trump's skill in dominating the media and getting his message out.  Some readers think we are harder on Hillary than on Trump, which doesn't surprise me.  Trump is a deeply flawed candidate who is doing better than anyone expected, which I interpret to mean his campaign is doing something more effective than it seems.    Hillary was expected to have every advantage, yet the polls are about tied, which means to me that her political messages and craft are not as effective as one would expect.

The link to the podcast is right here:  www.soundcloud.com/twolefteyespodcast.   We expect to issue a new one every Monday until the election.   There is also a link to the podcast on the right side of the page of the blog, when seen on an pad or full size screen.

We will learn what makes a podcast interesting and listenable.  Check us out.  And check us out in a week and in two weeks.




1 comment:

Kevin Stine said...

I listened to the podcast. Thad's microphone needs improvement. I'm not A/V savvy, but the poor quality Thad has is a negative for his sound diminishes the production. Otherwise, it was a interesting listen.