Saturday, November 14, 2015

You can do it. Yes, you. Get on the ballot in New Hampshire, a candidate for president. It is easy, inexpensive, and not too late.

I went back to New Hampshire because there was a crowded period of candidates showing up there.  New Hampshire has a two week window for filing to get onto the New Hampshire presidential ballot.   I went to the Secretary of State's office, where candidates show up to file, and got the form.   It is on nice thick paper.   It asks ones name, address and directs one to swear under oath that one is a member of the political party in the primary one is entering.

And they want $1,000 in cash or a cashier's check.

That is it.  
Sam Sloan, candidate for president

While I was there scoping out the process Sam Sloan came by to file.   Here he is, with his campaign literature under his arm and ten $100 bills in hand, which he was happy to show me for the photo.   He has well thought out positions on a variety of issues, laid out in the brochures under his arm.   I won't attempt to summarize his thinking because many people resent having their thoughts characterized by others, and I read from a wikipedia article that he has been involved in a number of lawsuits, some handled pro se.

I suspect he will get fewer votes than Senator Lindsey Graham, who is on the Sunday morning news shows almost every week, or George Patacki, the former governor of New York, or Jim Gilmore, the former Governor of Virginia.    But he won't lose to them by a lot.

Sloan seemed rather shy when I visited with him, and it was I who approached him rather than he me, so I suspect that he is going to have trouble with retail politics.

But I tell my readers that if you think you can do a better job being president than "the idiots and crooks running now" then you can file yourself.  Right now.   Donald Trump did it.   Sam Sloan did it.  

You can do it




script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

  ga('create', 'UA-70130030-1', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They let convicted felons run for president? I didn't know that.