Monday, November 23, 2015

Trump charge: Hillary lacks stamina. My eyewitness report: Trump leans on the podium, Hillary does not.

One of the reasons I wanted to see campaign events up close was to see things that were not part of the campaign performance caught by the camera.

And I try to notice things that are not normally recorded because sometimes those things turn out to be important.   Like posture, body language, energy levels.



Back in August I had some question whether Hillary was physically strong enough to be president.  Yesterday Donald Trump picked this up as an argument:

“They only understand strength,” Mr. Trump said. “They don’t understand weakness. Somebody like Jeb, and others that are running against me — and by the way, Hillary is another one. I mean, Hillary is a person who doesn’t have the strength or the stamina, in my opinion, to be president. She doesn’t have strength or stamina. She’s not a strong enough person to be president.” 

I don't know if the rest of the media will notice this but Trump had better be careful with this argument.    Trump leans on his podium.   Hillary does not.    


Here is what I observed with my two eyes.   Hillary has physical stamina.   I saw Hillary standing in a receiving line for an hour and fifteen minutes, doing a stylized meet, handshake, photo, one person every 20 or so seconds.   My wife Debra and I got our photos.    Then she walked out to a garden, stood on a dias, and spoke vigorously for sixty minutes straight.   She stood for 2 hours and 15 minutes without a break and she was full of energy at the end.

She wore very simple flat shoes.   I suppose they are more comfortable than high heels, but they could not have had any arch or other support and my feet would have hurt.

I realize that many people don't want Hillary Clinton to be president.  But her being physically not up to the job should not be one of them.   


At the end of her speech

I know nothing about shoes, but as you can see in the photo above, this is about what she was wearing.  My feet would be tired


No comments: