Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Jennifer Neahring responds

I received the following note from Dr. Neahring in response to reading the post:


“I see things differently. I did not run specifically to repeal and replace Walden. I ran because I thought I could make a difference in Congress, and I was no longer content with assuming others would fix the problems I saw with healthcare and the social network. It turns out that is not my path to having a chance for positive social change, so I am figuring out how to use the time and energy I spent the past few months to work to improve community health. Having had a unique opportunity for several months to speak with Democratic activists and community leaders, now I need to take what I have learned and see how I can make a difference. I will put my energy into developing my nonprofit project for seniors, and look for an opportunity to support pre-K children. It’s been a week - I’ll need more time to figure it out.”




Jenni

1 comment:

Art Baden said...

At the two CD2 Candidate Forum that I moderated in Ashland and Medford back in January, all of the candidates agreed that they would support the ultimate winner of the Democratic Congressional Primary, including Jennifer Neahring.

I have now read Neahring's comment to this Blog Post, and missing from her comments is the simple sentence: "I support and endorse Jamie McLeod Skinner as our next Congressperson."

What's up Doc?