Monday, September 28, 2026

Is the ad I created fair?

Is it wrong to expect Republican officeholders to speak up when they see Trump's corruption?

President Trump reported making $2.2 billion in income from crypto investments with open pay-to-play conflict-of-interest dealmaking. 

Republican officeholders see this and do nothing.

I know they think it is wrong. After all, they saw President Biden indulge his screw-up addict son Hunter, and they shouted bloody murder. Hunter got hundreds of thousands. The Trump family scams billions.

Republicans in Congress are silent in the face of corruption. In a few years, when the era of Trump has ended,  I hope Republicans who are silent now would say that they hated this all along. They could say they always hated the crypto grift. They might say they never agreed that presidents could impose tariffs or fight wars without Congress' approval. They might say they never thought Trump won the 2020 election in a landslide. That would be the good outcome. They would be expressing embarrassment at what they allowed and pretend it didn't happen.

But that is not a sure thing. 

Trump is normalizing corruption. It has become open practice, not the exception. Trump doesn't hide it. He celebrates it. This deepens the cynicism people feel about government. Republican inaction ratifies the normalization. Our democracy becomes weaker. If even a very few Republican representatives voiced their disgust, they could change history for the better. Say it and vote it: Corruption is wrong and un-American.

I dislike negative political ads, but I like truthful ones that make a clear point. I think this mock-up ad is fair.





[Note: To get daily delivery of this blog by email go to Https://petersage.substack.com. Subscribe. The blog is free and always will be.]


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What are Bentz's accomplishments in Congress? Where can we see his voting record?