Sunday, March 10, 2024

Easy Sunday: RISE Law Group

Starting now: 

No more anonymous comments about the RISE Law Group.

If you want your opinion on RISE published, post your name. 

I have received anonymous comments in support of RISE. Some were accusations of my supposed misogyny. 



I am getting far more comments in the other direction, in opposition to RISE. Some of those took the position that I underestimated how bad the verdicts were for RISE. Some said RISE abuses clients and I was callous and uncaring about it. Some say I was bamboozled. Some say I was afraid of RISE.

I printed verbatim on Saturday the long objection RISE made to my Friday article. I expect to publish verbatim any new submissions RISE makes, probably without comment by me. Have at it.

I will also publish verbatim any new comments or guest posts made by other people with knowledge of the congestion at the courts and how RISE exacerbates it.

Here is what I won't do. I won't start publishing pro-and-con comments authored by existing or former clients, some saying they are happy, some saying they are angry. I don't want a stacked straw poll, a contest of the organizational ability of the various points of view. So, signed or unsigned, I don't expect to publish those.

If people with broad knowledge of the situation in the local courts and family law bar submit comments, I will probably publish those, if they are signed. RISE has a reputation for aggressive pushback against critics, including threats of litigation. It is a credible worry. RISE has multiple lawsuits outstanding against clients. That reputation may have a chilling effect on submissions. It is easier to stay out of the line of fire and let judges themselves either fix the problem or continue to live with it. Still, I am going to insist that future comments be signed.

I invite submissions from knowledgable people willing to go on the record.



 [Note: To get daily delivery of this blog to your email go to: https://petersage.substack.com  Subscribe. Don't pay. The blog is free and always will be.]




3 comments:

Mike said...

Then I guess it’s back to our fight for democracy, which is too much like a movie I was hoping never to see called "Grudge Match," about a couple of geezers who get back in the ring for umpteen rounds of gags about decrepitude. On the other hand, at least the movie starred DeNiro and Stallone, who are far more fun to watch than Biden and the Big Fat Liar.

Mc said...

I applaud this move, Peter.
It's a shame how our justice system can be manipulated by those with the right resources.

Thank you for shedding light on local issues, especially since the local (traditional) media is so feckless and useless.

Ed Cooper said...

Seconding everything Mc put up. A smart move, Peter.