Saturday, April 14, 2018

Post Revised

In this place was a long post profiling an opponent for Jessica Gomez in the Republican primary for the State Senate seat. 


I am removing all references to that candidate, except for the letter the candidate sent me, which letter I quote verbatim, except for removal of his name.




Peter,
     It was a pleasure meeting you, and I think you're a nice guy, but I'm not going to read your blog.
     I'm tired of being smeared by the liberal Mail Tribune, and the shit they write about me is depressing, so I'm going to pass on reading anything else that is critical of me.
     I'm going to do my own thing, and the only thing I care about going forward is the election count on May 15th.
     From our conversation, you wanted to create a narrative that I hate everyone, which is not true. The Chamber of Commerce is like the Mafia, and they own this town. They control the Mail Tribune, and the majority of the Medford City Council. They steal from the citizens. We have lots of problems in this town, which are neglected, because the Chamber good old boys steal the money intended for the citizens, and they use that money for themselves and their projects. I am a common man, and I represent the common citizens. Of course I'm going to dislike what the Chamber and the Mail Tribune and the city council are doing to the citizens. They are corrupt. If I didn't love the citizens and Medford, then I wouldn't put myself in the position of being damaged by the Chamber and the Mail Tribune. I could be an apathetic, anonymous citizen like most everyone else. However, I care, and so I fight for what is right. I have principles.
     I showed you the Mail Tribune smear articles about me. They are disgusting yellow journalism. That's who the Mail Tribune is. That's what I have to deal with every election. That's how liberals operate. I operate with the truth. We'll allow the voters to decide what they want on May 15th.
    Again, it was a pleasure meeting you, and I wish you the best.







2 comments:

Rick Millward said...

I thought your profile of Dr. Neahring was great.

This is what an aspiring public servant looks like!

Ed Cooper said...

I'm re reading all your profiles of the D candidates, trying to determine who I'm going to vote for in the Primary.
Thank you for your profile/interview with Ankerberg, who has been a blister on the political front in Jackson County for years, has nothing to offer except possibly advice on how not to try to defraud the IRS, and hopefully will get the same few votes he has gotten every other time he ran for office locally.
His demeaning of the Mail Tribune is way misplaced, in my opinion, and I've had my own arguments with the Editorial Staff over the years, but generally speaking, I see no extreme bias or covering up of the crimes Ankerberg is talking about.
Keep up the good work, Peter.